I have a backup of the xml file and I have a copy of the SQL Server database file. Is that enough? I really don't need the folder structure do I? It's a very small instance and I was hoping I could get away with just the XML and database backup.
Hello,
If you have the xml backup, then you do not need a database backup. They both serve the same goal. But you still need to backup the data and logos directories.
I know where the logo directories are. Where are the data directories?
They are both in the JIRA_HOME directory.
Thank you
Hi,
I also think that the xml backup might be just ok for you. However please keep in mind that this has its limits especially if you include attachments ... which you have to do as you are not backing up the file system.
I always prefer a database backup strategy combined with file system backup strategy as described in https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/production-backup-strategy-38797389.html
If you stick to the backup please make sure to move the backup files to a different server, otherwise a crash might affect both backup and production environment.
Best,Tobias
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.