Hi Community,
we are using confluence as our central knowledgebase. From time to time I noticed that the order of the search results where not that what we expected in terms of prioritizing more important articles. As an example (in german) I can show you what I mean.
When I start a search from our startpage where we placed a "livesearch" makro, I get the following suggestions for the result:

In my opinion the search algorithm has some issues, since the first and the second result are "bad" pages that simply contains a link and nothing else. But my expected result, the third, would contain a lot of text where also the search keywords are used multiple times. Even the kewords itself are not an exact match on the first two results.
That someone understand that algorithm?
Is there a way to push some articles up. It also seems that if an article has more likes, that does not affect the search result position.
A Knowledge Base without a reliable search is only worth 50%.
Btw. When I click on "more results" my expected article goes even down to the fifth position.
We are running the latest on premise Version of Confluence. The issue was in older versions exactly the same.
Hope that someone can help.
Thank you
Regards
Simon