Hello there,
I hope you could help me how I find the comment restricted option in the new issue view?
- Could it be that this option is removed or is there a new configuration that I need to check?
@Jonas Neuhaus, I suspect you are on cloud and you are speaking about the very new Issue Detail view? Assuming i'm on target there then I'm right in the trenches with you. I'm at Summit this week and am getting a blast of info on the changes that are being rolled out. With that said, I believe that it is 'gone' from the new view, but may be getting added in as this moves from 'beta' into full deployment. If it is important feature to you I would recommend turning off the Labs for now.
I remain optimistic that the new issue view will be an ultimate improvement.
Hi @Jonas Neuhaus,
By default, the comment visibility will be set to "project roles". If the user is not part of the project roles then the user will not be able to see the comment restrict option in the comment section. please see the below screenshot for reference.
Restricting comment visibility is a global setting. If you make any changes, it will impact for all the projects.
Regards,
Gangavath Kishore Kumar.
@Jack Brickey, your suspection is right we use the cloud version.
I will turn off the labs for now. Thank you much and I hope they will implement this feature in the full deployment.
I highly recommend you click the Feedback button and share your thoughts directly. I will put in a good word for you here as well. ;-)
Hi @Jonas Neuhaus and @Jack Brickey,
I have also provided JIRA with feedback about this issue. Big risk that information ends up where it should not end up.
Any feedback received on the Summit about timing of this very needed functionality?
Is there a way to turn of labs for all users so I can limit the risk?
Thanks, Robin
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.