When trying to run a bitbucket server as a service with the home directory on a network drive and the install directory on a local drive the service starts then immediately stops. If however I run start-bitbucket.bat in the bin folder via cmd it runs perfectly fine. I have tried installing bitbucket with the home directory on a local drive (which works out of the box) then moving the home directory to the intended network drive but with no success. I have made sure my account and the atlbitbucket account have full permissions on the home and install directory.
In the case where I run the installer and tell it to put the home directory on the network drive it creates the shared and logs folder but doesn't write to any of the logs except commons-daemon and doesn't create any more of the home directory and won't run as a service occasionally saying "System cannot find the specified file". The elasticsearch service sometimes returns "Incorrect function" as an error message in windows event logs but the bitbucket service event logs just say it stopped unexpectedly.
In the case where I install it all on a local drive then try to move the home directory, the service just immediately stops upon telling it to start and produces no messages that I've found.
Things I've tried:
Repeatedly reinstalling
Changing the service to use my (administrator) account, the local system or the atlbitbucket account
Checked permissions to both directories for my account, atlbitbucket and the system
Set the owner of these directories to atlbitbucket