I have a home installation of Jira Software 7.2.6 running on an Ubuntu VM.
As I reworked my network, I changed the servername of my jira server and something apparently happened to the jira instance. I relized it first when it failed to startup on boot after a reboot. I had previously (2016) configured it to.
When local on the server trying "localhost:8080" to reach the installation, I get an error "localhost:8080/JiraLockedError","Jira has no permission to either create or write to subdirectory /plugins/.bundled-plugins of jira.home /var/atlassian..."<br>
Googling around I found this: "<a href="https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/JiraLockedError-with-quot-JIRA-Startup-Failed-quot-error/qaq-p/423809" target="_blank">https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/JiraLockedError-with-quot-JIRA-Startup-Failed-quot-error/qaq-p/423809</a>"
but following that and having removed the offending dot plugin folders, Jira fails to start. What I cannot figure out is why the permissions suddenly has changed, and what they are supposed to be. I certainly did not fiddle with those. Unfortunately I did not document the installation well enough... There could well be other errors lurking in the shadows. The data I have in the database is valuable to me but not exactly vital, so would be very happy if (come to worst) the database can be saved somehow.
I want to get a Service Desk install instead, but Atlassian won't accept PayPal for non-cloud instances, so I am stuck with this old one.
Please help.