Hi,
I want to send a mail when the custom field date ("Target start) changes.
Is this possible to check that each time the date changes, a mail is sent ?
Thanks
Swarna
Hello @Swarna Radha
You need a plugin for this feature to be implemented. I use Script runner's (paid plugin) listener feature for this, there are plenty of sample available for script listeners.
Very similar question
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Re-Re-How-to-send-a-notification-based-on-the-custom-fi/qaq-p/879453/comment-id/281980#M281980
Apart from Script runner there are other plugin like "Power Scripts" and "Automation for JIra" which can help you achieve your requirement but all of these are paid plugins.
Hello @Tarun Sapra
I have used a script to verify the target date but the listener is not running.
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessorimport com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue
Issue issue = issue
//issue.getIssueType()== "Sub-task"def customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager()def issueManager = ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager()def customField = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName("Target start")def originalIssue = issueManager.getIssueObject(issue.id)
issue.getCustomFieldValue(customField) != originalIssue.getCustomFieldValue(customField)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.