We have a select list, single choice custom field "Team". The field is currently configured to apply to all issue types and to apply to four projects in our JIRA instance. I want to create a custom context for each of the four projects so that users of a given project will only see the team values that pertain to their project.
I am running into two issues. First, I cannot configure a custom context for a project that is already selected as one of the four projects. So I first have to change the custom field to use the "Global context". Once I do that, I can configure a new custom context for each project. Is this the correct approach or is there another way?
Second, since the values are unique to a context, it appears that I need to create new values for each custom context and then use bulk edit to assign issues to the new value. Is there a way to move an existing value to a new custom context?