JIRA MAIL default the sender form is xxxx@gmail.com;I want the recipient to see the sender is the "JIRA Server";What solution can be.
Thanks!
In general configuration section of Jira , you have 'EMAIL FROM'.
here you can put ${fullname}
You can change these things in the Administration-->Outgoing Mail Servers
You can change these things in Administration-->Outgoing Mail Servers
Just type "g+g" when you are in the Administration Tab and search for Mail
Cheers,Christian
Hi Christian
Thank you for your answer,but not the answer I wanted.Is the name of the sender that I want is "JIRA Server",not the message subject is "JIRA Server".For example
sender subject .......
JIRA Server ...... .......
Hi,
have you tried editing the "Email from" paramerter in General Configuration?
Specifies the From: header format in notification emails. Default is of the form "John Doe (JIRA) <jira@company.com>". Available variables are '${fullname}', '${email}' and '${email.hostname}'. Note that the actual address (e.g. 'jira@company.com') cannot be specified here - it is determined by the mail server or individual project configuration.
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+JIRA+Options
I have been trying to set ${email.hostname}and ${email},but no results.
What do you mean with no results, what does the email you are getting look like? I thought you might just want to add something like (Your Company JIRA server) or replace the $fullname with (JIRA Server).
Hi
No results mean is that mail does not seem to any changes,and I have been using the string "JIRA Server" to replace the $fullname,the mail still does not any changes!
Ours is formatted as ${fullname} (JIRA).It's been sending emails as User Name (Jira) as long as we've had it and suddenly it's only sending them as Jira. Should I try re-entering the formatting. Does it matter if it's entered as ${fullname} or can I just say $fullname (JIRA) ?
Hi All,
Could please any one help me to fix this issues.
We have changed email server and updated outgoing email config. After this changes all emails not adding user fullname at prefix of emails sender but my instance "Email From" is remains same "${fullname} (JIRA)"
Old: Mike Nike (JIRA)[jira@xx.com]
new:jira<jira@xxx.com>
I had this problem too.in System, Outgoing Mail, changes the From address to an address not known in the office address book
it's been 5 years but I've had this problem also lately.in System, Outgoing Mail, changes the From address to an address not known in your office address bookafter that in system, settings, Email From will display the right thing $ {fullname} or $ {email}
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.