From yesterday onwards https://bitbucket.org is not loading. I am getting "The connection has timed out" error. Also when I tried to push/pull from my repo I am getting " Failed to connect to bitbucket.org port 443: Connection timed out" error.
Hello, @maheshmn and welcome to the Community!
It seems to me like a network-related problem.
What is the result of the following command:
nslookup bitbucket.org
?
Hi Greg,
Thanks for your reply,
Following is the response of nslookup bitbucket.org:
Server: 127.0.1.1Address: 127.0.1.1#53Non-authoritative answer:Name: bitbucket.orgAddress: 18.205.93.0Name: bitbucket.orgAddress: 18.205.93.2Name: bitbucket.orgAddress: 18.205.93.1
Can you, please, tell me, from which country are you trying to access this site?
I am trying to access it from Bangalore , India
thanks
You're welcome!
And welcome to our Community!
Hey Greg, I'm having the exact issue. How did you change the host and pointed to the new ip address?
Hi @Perridot06 and welcome to our Community!
Details of this process depend on the operational system you're working on.
Essentially, you need to update your "local DNS" configuration. It's stored in "hosts" file which is to be find by the following paths:
Windows:
%SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
Unix-like:
\etc\hosts
%SystemRoot% is usually "C:\Windows"
Open this file and you'll see what to do. Make sure you have local administrator rights. And do not forget to reload the application (e.g web browser).
Good luck!
So I found the host file but I'm not exactly sure what to update it to. Do I change the local host to my ip address?
Or iso I add a new line of code? Sorry I'm new to all of this
Hi Christopher,
Please check your hosts file for an entry for "bitbucket.org". If it is there change the ip address to new one and if not add the below code in hosts and try again.
18.205.93.0 bitbucket.org
@Perridot06,
@maheshmn is right. There's nothing difficult. You just need to open this file with the help of any text editor (run as an administrator), add the line "<ip address> bitbucket.org", and save it. That is all. Then you restart the browser and are ready to go.
thanks, working fineremoved that Bitbucket line
This solved for me just now:
Credit: https://ugetfix.com/ask/how-to-fix-error-code-dns_probe_finished_nxdomain-problem/
hope that helps someone.
Hello,
I am not able to visit the bitbucket.org website since last evening.
My current location is Mumbai, IndiaI ran - nslookup bitbucket.org
Got following results
;; Got recursion not available from 218.248.114.1, trying next serverServer: 218.248.114.65Address: 218.248.114.65#53
** server can't find bitbucket.org: NXDOMAIN
Update :My issue is solved there was some issues with my DNS server settings changing it to default helped me.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.