I have a project where I need to get results about issues, their assignee, team, etc. All of this I have been able to accomplish using a filter and then pointing my script to the URL that results from "Export to CSV".
My outstanding task is getting an accurate date/timestamp for when a ticket actually starts development and finishes development (Status changes to In Progress then from Status X to "Done"). Updated date can't always be trusted in case of adding comments among other things after changing the status to done.
I know this is accessible via the API but this will need to be automated (will use scripting to accomplish) and will only run once a week. Once data is retrieved I will dump into a SQL Server table.
***EDIT***
I have to use the API, my org doesn't want anyone touching the db (can't blame them at all)
Thanks in advance