Is it possible to modify the Project field data once created?
Example:
Ticket create with 'Project' (drop-down) status as XYZ, but I'd like to modify as option ABC.
Seems the only way is to use the 'Move' option?
vic,
Are you asking about changing project key for an issue? OR Moving an issue from one status to another in the same project?
Victor
@Vic Wes, welcome to the Community. It sounds like you want the initial status of an issue to be changed? For example maybe the initial status is "To Do" and you want "New". Is this the case? If so then you simply need to edit the workflow associated w/ the project and issue type (if multiple WFs) and change the name of the status.
Hi, and Thank You Jack. I've created a ticket with an incorrect 'Project' option, so rather than having to use the 'Move' option and go through the wizard, I was hoping there was an edit button that would allow me to go straight to this field and select an alternate option.
Is it possible that I may not have the appropriate permission for this scenario?
Many Thanks.
Hi Victor,
Yes, just to modify the 'Project' key from one option to another without the need to go through then 'Move' wizard / process.
so you want to change the "type"? if so go to the project > Project settings > Details. there should be a drop down on the type.
Hi Jack, thanks for the reply. Yes, that's what I'm after - although it seems that I do not have these fields / options available to me. I will speak with my manager to request admin / manager permissions to hopefully then allow me to modify the 'Type' field as you've described.
Thanks for your time Jack.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.