Using a couple of the "Content Formatting for Confluence" by Adaptavist macros I was able to create an informational banner for a page. I did this by adding a "Div" macro with ID = "sticktotop." Inside the Div macro, I added a standard "Info" macro with my information inside of that. Below the Div macro, I added a "CSS Stylesheet" macro and wrote this simple markup inside of it:
#sticktotop {
position: sticky;
top: 0;
}Working with an Adaptavist developer, we discovered that this only works when the page only has one section in its layout (and you can't use the standard "section" macro at all), because this seems to override the custom stylesheet. Still, this allowed me to have a sticky informational macro on the page that looked pretty great.
The problem is the customer really wants a similar informational banner in Edit mode. Also, ideally, there wouldn't be a restriction of only having a single section, because the page in question is designed with multiple. The "Div" and "CSS Stylesheet" macros weren't designed to be applied in Edit mode. Does anybody have any ideas on how to make this happen in Edit mode without the section limitation?