How do I go about updating Jira Server from V7.4.1 to the latest version 7.12.0?
Do I need global permissions to do this or which permission do I need?
Thanks
Andrew,
You'll first need the certain permissions. Are you the system admin in JIRA?
victor
You will need admin permissions in JIRA but more importantly you will need access to the actual server. The upgrade is done on the server hosting your instance of JIRA. You can learn more about it here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/upgrading-jira-applications-938846936.html
Hi Victor,
Thanks for the quick response. No I am not the System Administrator so I guess I dont have the right to upgrade our Jira to the latest version? How can I find out who the system Administrator is for our Jira instance? I mean the exact persons name?
Andrew
Thanks Brant. It seems that link you sent to me is not working. In any case I think I have understood I dont have the permission for upgrading. Do you know how I can navigate to the name of the System Administrator?
Thanks.
Brant that link you sent me works now
If you logout and go to the login page there is a contact your JIRA Administrator link. This will allow you to contact your administrator. The administrator can turn this off so it might not be available.
Brant how do i do that?
Click the checkbox on the left of the answer.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.