Hello everyone!
I'm pretty new on the Jira's world, so please be kind! 
I'm using Jira Core as a service desk with a plugin called HelpDesk for Jira which works very well. My company, as any other, is divided by departments (sales, marketing, human resources, support, etc). Also, my Jira is connected to our Active Directory in order to sync the users. All this is working good.
That being said, I need to setup some report or dashboard that shows the requested tickets grouped by each department in order to generate stadistics, but I don't know how to handle it.
These are my questions:
1. Should I set a group for each department and assign it to the users in my AD to then get that data in Jira?
2. Will Jira Core let me create a report or dashboard to show the tickets quantity based upon the user department/group?
3. Any advise or recommendation on how to handle this situation?
Thank you very much.
Javier Garay