In the new UI, I can see how to add myself as a watchers, but can't see how to add others, or see who is already a watcher.
What am I missing?
Hello Carol,
You must have both permissions below on your project to be able to see and manage other watchers in the issues:
View Voters and Watchers
Manage Watchers
To properly check/add these permissions to your users, you can navigate to Project Settings > Permissions
I'm honestly not sure which Permission group I below to, however I am able to view and manage watchers from the old JIRA issue view. I would be surprised if permissions are different between the new and old views.
Can you please provide us screenshots displaying where you are able to set new watchers using the old view and where you would expect to set the field in the new view?
The New JIRA view has been updated recently, so I would like to have more context to know how it is currently displaying in your JIRA Version.
New JIRA Issue view (top right hand corner of the screen) - Here is the only location in the new view related to watchers. And the only thing I can do it toggle this "eye" icon on or off to make myself a watcher or not.
The old JIRA view - Here I can click on the blue button next to watchers to see the list of all 12 watchers. Within the list I can highlight and click the trashcan to remove user. Or add new users at the top.
These screen shots are from the exact same ticket - just old view vs. new view.
Let me know if you need more info.
@Petter Gonçalves
Did you have any other suggestions based on my screenshots, or do you need further information? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
I would also like to chime in with
"You removed what?"
Really? You removed the ability to manage watchers from a JIRA task.
I'd liked to have been at the meeting where that decision was made.
The "official" response is to use the "Old View"
I expect better from Atlassian.
Anyone know how to switch back to "Old view" for everything?
John,
Each user can turn this off under their own profile. In my JIRA view, it is the profile picture in the bottom left corner. From here you can disable the New View.
Special Thanks.
I've posted a blog article to help others who have asked me about this.
I gave you a shout out here.
https://geekmusthave.com/?p=5592
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.