I am trying to setup Jira using tar.gz file. I want my Jira to run as example https://jira.abc.com. please let me know the steps to do it
The installation docs are for anyone wanting to install the software, they can't be more simple, because they have to cover a lot of situations.
You need to follow those guides to get it installed, but they do have to try to cover a lot of variations, so they have a lot more information than most of us really need.
However, if you really need a hard no-fuss instruction:
Please review Jira documentation.https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/installing-jira-applications-802592161.html
Hi Christian,
The documentation seems to be for experienced, as I am a beginner I am bit confused. please help me.
Hi Nic,
Thanks a lot for the explanation. I have followed the steps and now when I execute the start-Jira.sh file. Jira is running in 8080 port. how do I change the port and run Jira on a different port. which file should I be editing. I am trying to install using the archive jira download.please help.
See https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/changing-jira-application-tcp-ports-861253904.html
Thank you. I was able to change the port using the server.xml file.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.