I'm getting confused here. Is it possible to connect Power-BI to Jira (on premise) Server or is it not? Basic Authentication and HTTPS are enabled.
Hello @Ward Schwillens_ Schwillie
If both are reachable via the network, then I don't see any issue in connecting both. Jira is supported out of the box by power BI
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/explore-your-jira-data-with-power-bi/
You can connect to Jira server on premise using power bi desktop using the Jira_PowerBI_ContentPack.pbit (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rc7ngRHPH38AWwHEMKJ6mcPjhSVT-rJe/view)
Hi , i was able to connect my PowerBI to the Jira server ( reading a project )
however when i am trying to get the epic information ( see the below REST ) i am getting 400 error ( the same REST return results using a browser
https://acjira/rest/api/2/search?jql=issueFunction%20in%20hasLinks(%22Business%20Requirement%20of%20Epic%22)
any suggestion ?
Hello -
I am attempting to get my Jira data connected to PowerBi. I am confused about the above link because it seems as though it is linking Jira with a browser based version of PowerBi.
I have the PowerBi client installed on my computer and would like to get my Jira data there. Does anyone have any suggestions?
You can use the desktop app.
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/desktop/
Hi Avinash -
Thanks for the response. Maybe I am missing something, but I do have the PowerBi desktop app. I use it for various things. I am just trying to figure out how to link my Jira data to it.
Any suggestions?
Once you download the content pack, when you executed you should be able to configure it point to your jira endpoint or even a jql filter through the api.
It's for cloud only and we are talking about on-prem
I am also stuck with the same issue, however with a different error. If someone could suggest what could be the problem
Use your normal user name and the API key as the password in Basic Settings.
@Derrick Hunter What is the API Key?
Firstly the API for your Jira implementation needs to be enabled
Click on your profile icon and click on "Account Settings"
Select the "Security" Menu
Under the "API Token" heading choose "Create and manage API tokens"
You are then able to create API tokens
And vice a versa: you may create Data Sources in Jira and use them as Import Source in Power B using our Jira plugin: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221150/power-bi-connector-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview
We're specializing in creating apps for exporting Jira data to business intelligence platforms like:
More details on Youtube video: https://youtu.be/QglqmBTUvgo
Fast & responsive support is here to help you to install and configure the app.
Please let me know if you have any questions, we'll schedule a demo call to show you how easy to set up the app.
Best regards,Anton.
Hi,
SQL+JQL Driver can help.
Tutorial
Best regards,
Pablo.
Hi Pablo ,
I used SQL+JQL Driver and i do same step in the Documentation . i have copied the CVS link but when i try to import this link Power BI desktop as you described i faced a problem that :
"Details: "The credentials provided cannot be used for the Web source. Please update the credential type through a refresh or in the Data Source Settings dialog to continue. (Source at https://jiralocation.com:8190/.)"
I am sure my credentials is right and i am System admin on jira and i granted in the global permission the groups access to SQL+JQL database JDBC connection & SQL+JQL database console access
please let me know if i need to enable any thing further .
Thanks
Anas,
Hello Avinash,
Does this work for the Jira server? How can I edit this template, doesn't ask me for authentication or anything?
Thanks,
BR, Olga
When I go to my profile icon thees is no such thing as 'account settings'. There is a 'tools' drop down that only has the option to 'view oauth access tokens'.
Hi All,
I have JIRA on premise + Power BI desktop and have downloaded the "Jira_PowerBI_ContentPack.PBIT" that was floating around in other threads.
I was initially getting the error that was fixed via clearing global data source settings permissions, however the next error i get is: "GetIssuesOLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSource.Error] Web.Contents failed to get contents from 'https://jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa/rest/api/2/search?maxResults=500&startAt=0' (404): . "
I notice this continuously remains unanswered in this thread as other error posts seem to always supercede this. (unless i'm missing a post somewhere?) Please advise on how I can resolve this! thanks!
AIO Power BI Connector for Jira app can be used to easily export Jira data into PowerBI and create the dashboards.
It is the #1 selling Power BI connector for Jira on the marketplace and is used by thousands of organizations world wide, including several fortune 500 companies.
It is available for all the three platforms Cloud/Server/Data Center.
Link to marketplace app page: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219072/aio-power-bi-connector-for-jira
Documentation link: https://aioreports.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/APBCFJ/overview
For any questions or issues, please email us at support@aioreports.com or log a ticket at http://support.aioreports.com/
Regards
AIO Support
I have Jira server and PowerBI desktop,
I got the following error while using the contentpackPBIT.
GetIssuesOLE DB or ODBC error: [DataFormat.Error] We found extra characters at the end of JSON input..
And this error in Edit Query
An error occurred in the ‘FetchPage’ query. DataFormat.Error: We found extra characters at the end of JSON input.Details:Value=Position=1
Could you please share the solution?
Or anybody has any suggestions please?
Thank you!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.