I created a Custom Issue Collector using the code generated when I created the Issue Collector combined with the custom code found in the Atlassian documentation titled "Advanced Use of the JIRA Issue Collector". My collector worked fine a couple weeks ago and now doesn't work. I deleted it and put a brand new one in and it didn't work either. Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone have any suggestions for what I can do to de-bug this? Thanks.
Allison,
Did you update Jira recently? What version are you currently running vs what version were you using when you initially created the custom collector?
What code exactly did you add to it in order to customize it?
Regards,
Shannon
I don't know if JIRA was updated recently. As of today the version is 7.9.2. The code I added to the generated custom code was:
<body>
<a href="#" id="myCustomTrigger" class='btn btn-primary btn-large'>Report feedback</a>
</body>
Thank you for letting me know. Testing it here and we're able to get it to work in 7.9.2. Can you let me know exactly what isn't working? What are the symptoms you're running into?
Does the HTML render the front end UI on your page? At what point does it fail?
I figured out that I too can get the code to work on a single page IF the custom code is on that page, ... but when I try to use the custom collector html code in the following way (the way we need it to work), the submit feedback button does nothing when clicked on: I have the custom collector html code inside of a multiexcerpt named 'Footer Left' on a page named 'Header Footer'. Then on my other pages, I have a multiexcerpt-include that includes the 'Footer Left' multiexcerpt from the 'Header Footer' page. Can you get it to work in that manner? (note that our pages include Decks of cards and some decks have decks within them - I don't know if that impacts this issue or not). Thanks for trying to help me figure this out!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.