Hello Atlassian Support,
Let me start by saying what a great product 'confluence' is
. I recently purchased a license for a self-hosted server, which I have spun up from scratch. I have a need to enable all authentication to be encrypted (TLS). I have followed the configuration example as outlined here (https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/running-confluence-over-ssl-or-https-161203.html) but cannot get it to work. I can reach the site when I hit it up over http schema and receive a URL miss-match notification which I expect, as I have set the base url to be https.
Your URL doesn't match
Confluence's base URL is set to https://go-wiki:8443 but you are accessing Confluence from http://go-wiki:8090.
Update base URL.
As part of my troubleshooting effort, I disabled IPv6 to verify if this might be causing an issue, but the outcome is the same. I cannot even curl http://localhost:8443 or connect via the shell browser 'Lynx' to the port.
Any help you can offer up, will be much appreciated as I seem to be missing the root cause.
Looking forward to your reply.
Les
----------------- CURRENT CONFIGURATION -----------------
[BASE URL]
https://go-wiki:8443
[OS]
CentOS 7.5.1804 x64
[SELINUX]
Disabled
[FIREWALL]
Disabled
[SERVER.XML]
<Connector port="8443" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25"
protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"
enableLookups="false" disableUploadTimeout="true"
acceptCount="100" scheme="https" secure="true" address="0.0.0.0"
clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLSv1.2" sslEnabledProtocols="TLSv1.2" SSLEnabled="true"
URIEncoding="UTF-8" keystorePass="gh10ByHgFYinRjEBqcGfmgpxczRo9Xxy"
keystoreFile="/root/.keystore" keyAlias="tomcat2" />
[KEYSTORE]
*******************************************
Alias name: tomcat2
Creation date: 21-Aug-2018
Entry type: PrivateKeyEntry
Certificate chain length: 1
Certificate[1]:
Owner: CN=Leslie Fleming, OU=Cloud Infrastructure, O=Elbicon, L=Naul, ST=Dublin, C=IE
Issuer: CN=Leslie Fleming, OU=Cloud Infrastructure, O=Elbicon, L=Naul, ST=Dublin, C=IE
Serial number: 85810df
Valid from: Tue Aug 21 12:21:38 IST 2018 until: Mon Nov 19 11:21:38 GMT 2018
Certificate fingerprints:
MD5: 8D:5E:B8:52:04:54:4F:1D:6A:BA:F4:D7:37:DB:56:75
SHA1: 2D:93:71:C2:AC:B5:26:71:A1:FB:6A:06:0C:78:6B:9E:83:11:8E:B8
SHA256: 8F:3B:11:A6:DD:0D:A1:F5:99:F3:6F:5A:8D:A2:C1:15:3B:0A:02:41:FB:01:3D:73:39:A6:3A:76:94:5B:E7:80
Signature algorithm name: SHA256withRSA
Subject Public Key Algorithm: 2048-bit RSA key
Version: 3
Extensions:
#1: ObjectId: 2.5.29.14 Criticality=false
SubjectKeyIdentifier [
KeyIdentifier [
0000: 12 34 31 59 1B 41 6A 9D 8B 63 75 0C BE 8B 69 49 .41Y.Aj..cu...iI
0010: 75 60 4C 19 u`L.
]
]
*******************************************
*******************************************
Warning:
The JKS keystore uses a proprietary format. It is recommended to migrate to PKCS12 which is an industry standard format using "keytool -importkeystore -srckeystore /root/.keystore -destkeystore /root/.keystore -deststoretype pkcs12".
[IP CONFIG]
[root@ie-dub-pl-wiki-001 ~]# netstat -an | grep -i 8090
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:8090 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:41582 127.0.0.1:8090 TIME_WAIT
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:41654 127.0.0.1:8090 TIME_WAIT
[root@ie-dub-pl-wiki-001 ~]# netstat -an | grep -i 8443
tcp 9 0 0.0.0.0:8443 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN