How can I create a "Back To Top" Button on my page??
Thx for ur help
Hello Prince,
We should be able to do this by using the Anchor macro.
Add the macro at the top of the page, and give it a name, like top for example.
Then, at the bottom, or anywhere in the same page, type out the text for the "button", for example, Back to top.
Now highlight the Back to top text, and click on the Insert Link icon, or you can use the Ctrl+K shortcut as well.
In the link pop-up, go to the Advanced tab, and link it to the anchor created above by linking to it using #top.That should do the trick!Do let me know if you have any questions.Cheers,Sattesh
Navigate to the Administration Console > Custom HTML and edit the At end of the body section. Here you can add custom JS to implement your requirement.
For example you could use
<script>AJS.$('#main-content').after('<div><a onClick="window.scrollTo(0, 0);">Back to top</a></div>');</script>
This will add a Back to top link at the bottom of every page. Modify the inserted html to adapt it to the desired look and feel.
Best, Tobias
Thank you Sattesh! Your directions worked perfectly.
Please note - although this is a valid solution you should consider export scenarios as well... the button/link is considered as content too and will be part of your e.g. PDF.
Easiest Solution:
You could just create a link with a '#' as url
Confluence (like browsers do) will interpret an empty hash (anchorname) as a pointer to the page itself, thus it will link to the top of the page.
It is not quite the same, as with your solution you refresh the page like opening a new link while with the anchor you just navigate to the top again without refreshing the page.
it's not the same, but it will do the trick without any scripts
Looks like solid steps, but it would seem my current editor is not giving me the option to directly add an Anchor, maybe it's named something different now?
The anchors are great and work well, but I also found that if you want your users to be able to scroll to the top, they can press the <home> key on their Windows device or if they use a Mac they can press <command> and <up arrow>. My TOC was at the top of each page under an overview section, so this saved me a lot of time updating previously written articles with all of the anchors at the end of each section. Hope this helps someone else!
Also, for those creating anchors. I also found that you can use unicode text symbols as the text and then use #whatever-you-named-your-anchor is to create the link if you wanted less text clutter on the screen. I had been using 🔝 and then using #TOC for the link.
@Sattesh M I am following your directions today and the anchors are not working. When I publish my edits and click on the link, it doesn't take me to the anchor I tied it to. It actually goes nowhere, it's unresponsive.
Should I talk to our company's Confluence management team? Or is there something I am doing wrong?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.