Hi
I want to make a filter that shows me all "Product Name" that starts with a specific word (lets say microsoft) The filter should show me this case:
Microsoft Word
But not this case:
Word Microsoft
Is this possible?
I already use ~ it gives me both all instances of the word im searching for. I ønly want the ones where the search word is the first in that field.
Try to use CONTAINS ( ~ ) Operator
summary ~ "Registration"
You can filter with Regular Expressions.
Try the issueFieldMatch function from the Script Runner plugin. It offers the regex support that you seek.
Regex - /^Microsoft/
That is quite an expencive plugin just to do this one search.
Without Regular Expressions you cannot achieve start of string search.
Smart QL https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1218767/smart-ql?hosting=server&tab=overview can do this:
Example (assuming Product Name is a custom field):
SELECT *FROM TABLE(AUX.JQL('Key, `Product Name` AS `Product`','project = robustus'))WHERE Product LIKE 'Microsoft%'
This is old but I came across it when looking for the answer, the best way to do this (in 2023) is to use the contains character ~ with the * wildcard character like below:
summary ~ "Microsoft*"
This worked wonders for me. I've tagged all tasks with a Version field on the form 1.2.3 (SemVer), and wanted a way to show e.g. all 1.2 tasks. Easy as
fixVersion ~ "1.2.*"
I tried without the asterisk, just the trailing period character, but that didn't work.
@Nathan Thornton Thanks for the tipp.I wanted to exclude all that start with "TEMPLATE: ".
summary !~ "TEMPLATE: " // did not work (as expected) :-|summary !~ "TEMPLATE: *" // did not work :-(summary !~ "TEMPLATE:*" // did work \o/
I cannot tell how much I love Jira!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.