I am trying to install the Jira tar.gz file in rhel. I'm completely new . please let me know the steps to install in rhel
Hi @Padmasree P,
you can follow this guide to install Jira on Linux using the archive file.
I don't think there's anything specific to RH, you just need to have a JRE installed and you should be good to go !
Let me know if you have any issues,
--Alexis
Hi Alex, I just looked in the guide, but it does not have any content to compile and install the application.
Please help on this
Hello,
you don't need to compile the application. The tar.gz archive contains the binaries, you'll simply need to extract the archive and modify a few configuration files to begin the installation.
What steps have you taken so far to begin the install ?
Hi Alexis,
I have extracted the archive and edited the configurations as per the guide which is shared. now how do I install the application
Dear,
I work with the root user when uploading Jira, but not with the user JIRA, loses the environment variables .. what could be happening? please your help!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.