Hi,
My Client is dumping all error details in a Oracle Database from various application and systems they have. I need to create JIRA Issue for each of those error records in that Oracle Database. There are various options I am Exploring:
- Use JIRA Issue Collector
- Use JIRA API
For using the first option, by calling the javascript, I see that it provides a javascript that can be launched from the a web application. We need this operation to be done in the backend by something that runs scheduled or so. So, this option is kind of ruled out.
For Using JIRA API, what are the APIs available? How can call this API, say from a database by passing parameters? I am thinking I will need to create a middleware java program to pull these records from the database. But what is that peice that I need to build at the JIra end and how do I expose it to this java program to call and create the issue? Or is there something available out of the JIRA that I can call from a middleware by passing parameters. My client has Oracle OSB middleware. Can we call soemthing from this layer to create Jira Issue?