Hi,
I know the following resolved ticket : https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-42676 but it is focused on Confluence only.
I don't understand how Atlassian can maintain two different logical between Confluence and Jira on the autorisation behavior.
When a user isn't associated to groups and so don't consume a license :
- This user is available on the project for role assignation (Jira)
- This user is not available on the space for permission assignation (Confluence)
I understand that when an user does not have "Can Use" permission, he will not have permission to view any resources in Confluence" (see ttps://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-42676 comment) so what isn't the same justification in Jira and a different behavior... ?
Personally, I understand that the project administrators would like to assign Jira and Confluence permission before a new hire applies his first connexion which permits him to be added to the groups configured into the User directories and unfortunatly it is possible into Jira and not into Confluence....
Are there a work in progress to unify these behaviour ?
Best regards,
Elodie