I have included a custom search in issue screen, where a user can search for API from API Catalogue (third party tool)
I want to track
JIRA Version - 7.6.6
Hi there, KD.
While there is no direct way of keeping track of the usage of custom button from the UI, can you share more details about it so I can have a better understanding on the requirement you have here?
I am trying to think of a way to capture specific information about this custom search from the logs (if possible). Looking forward to hear from you soon.
Hi Ahmad
Refer attached screenshot. We have added this to our view "Story" and "Task" Type issues in JIRA.
We have a tool called ignite where we have all the APIs available in our system. The purpose of this search is to allow the user to search for existing APIs and re-use them where necessary.
We would like to know how many times users have been using this search provided in JIRA.
Appreciate you taking time to look into this.
Hello again, KD.
No worries. I tried to search for more information on methods to keep track of specific actions in JIRA (in this case, specific to the number of clicks for the Search ignite! button) but I was not able to find any default features in JIRA web UI / third-party add-on that can perform this.
An alternative way that I can think of is to enable Access Logging which will ultimately log every action in JIRA. You can then tail -f atlassian-jira-http-access.log file specific to the action when the button is clicked and possibly, grep the file with the additional wc -l parameter to for a specific string related to the button, for example.
The downside is that it will grow very, very large if your JIRA instance is busy.
Thanks for your reply
Does enabling Access Logging impact performance?
Is it possible to create a custom field (counter) which can be incremented every time the button is clicked.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.