hey there,
got some structural problem which is "grown historically".
We currently run Jira and Confluence by using Jira as user directory for both. That's the historical part. That's because there hasn't been any link between our companies user database and Jira, back when i first installed it.
Now, we have an active directory between, which is stuffed with staff by our user database. And now, chief asks, why I don't use that usual way....
However, now I'm told that I must not use the internal user administration but have to connect our Jira (and Confluence, too) directly to this AD. Only thing I've found is to port the internal users into that AD which isn't suitable for us.
As I understood (i beg I'm wrong) similar users from a newly added AD aren't similar to Jira, so it isn't just switching to a pre-filled AD?
If so, what can I do to cleanly migrate to AD? I just had the idea to put another LDAP between them just to allow Jira to migrate users and then switch to our AD system. Would this work?