Hi,
We have a wrapper api that we use for making api calls to our jira server instance. We use a service account for authentication to jira from this wrapper api. Sometimes, it so happens that the api calls to jira start failing and when I do and check the service account (the one used for authentication to jira) in the "User management" section, I see that the service account has been locked and I see a message saying, "Captcha required on next login". There is an option for resetting the count below the warning. When I reset the count, the api calls start working again.
We have the "CAPTCHA on Signp" option disabled in the System -> Settings section. But still we find this captcha error once everyday and this is affecting the work where the wrapper api is used for making jira api calls.
Can anyone has any idea why this is happening and any workaround for this problem.? Would be very helpful.
Thanks in advance,
Neha