Hi,
Before I describe my problem, I would like to tell you what I am trying to achieve. I am running Jira, Confluence, and Bamboo on a single server on an internal network. I would like to access them from the outside over SSL. (Currently I have custom ports for each app and have those ports open on the firewall). I would like to only open up port 443 on the firewall and have an SSL proxy somehow tunnel to each server.. (note, I'm not very good with server IT stuff..)
After reading through all the documentation, I currently have Jira, Confluence, and Bamboo accessible through Apache where I can type https://<server>/jira, https://<server>/confluence, etc. but it immediately gets proxied back to port 80 (apache port) so I have to have both port 80 and 443 open on the firewall for it to work.
For starters, can I do what I want to do? If so, what did I do wrong? I thought I had the ssl proxy set up to forward to normal http but only inside the network and use ssl for everything outside... but that does not appear to be the case.
Thanks.
-Matt