I am all for evolving requirements as we develop, learning as we go in order to produce the best possible product to meet our users needs. For me this evolution is about adding detail as we learn.
I am currently trying to deal with a mindset that seems entrenched in waterfall behavior where the requirements themselves are evolving even whilst a story is being developed and delivered. This feels like the business is moving the goal posts. Clearly, there is a level of change which makes any estimate or commitment worthless.
My feeling is that we have an underlying issue related to mindset or perhaps more significantly the behavior we are seeing indicates that we do not really have a team (we do have some issues in the relationship between the business guys and the developers)
Is there a mechanism whereby I can be notified of changes of content, for example, after estimation.so that I can take a view of the materiality of the change and if appropriate try to bring the people involved closer together?
Pete