Both my Internal Directory user (admin) and my AD user (username) are in these groups:
When I login as username I don't get the same options as admin. It's like username is a sort of poweruser and admin is the "real" admin. What am I missing? I'd like to ditch the Internal Directory.
Try to use that one
Troubleshooting permissions with the JIRA admin helper
Hey Scott,
Some screenshots would be useful. What are the differences that you see when logging in as those users?
I would be focusing on these to figure out the possible causes:
My suspicion is, username may be JIRA Administrators, but not JIRA System Administrators. You may refer to Managing global permissions for more info.
Best,
Andy
#1 is true.
#2 I don't have JIRA System Administrators as an option. I can see that and assign it to my group but when I login as username I'm still just a JIRA Administrator.
What does this look like and how do you do that exactly? It's very hard to imagine all of these without a screenshot of what you see and attempt to do.
If you're afraid that this kind of info is sensitive and prefer not to share it here, and if you have a license that entitles you for Atlassian Support, feel free to raise a Support ticket at https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/. In case nothing is problematic from the GUI, something may not be right in the database and it's better to work on that in a private Support ticket.
Cheers,
I'm in the Jira System Administrators group now but I'm missing a step. Apparently that AD group still doesn't have the correct permissions?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.