We are converting our project to Git and OneStash. We want to each push and pull to our own personal repos, but share a staging repo that we can both PR to and merge to after code review.
We are using OneStash, which authenticates us through our company's authentication directory, so we cannot just create a new account for the staging without requesting it. To save time, my partner created a new repo: MyProject-staging and initialized it with our current codebase. I can clone from my-partner/MyProject-staging to get started with my own personal repo, but the BitBucket UI will not allow him to fork from his own repo. Instead, we had to initialize his own repo by hand (he's new to Git so I'm helping him).
Similarly, I can create PR's setting my-partner/MyProject-staging as the target repo, but my partner cannot do the same (since he already owns the target repo).
Do we really need to request a new account from our IT department, just so that we can share a staging repo? That might be difficult.