I've just updated my test server to 6.11.0 to try out the new Edit With feature.
I've installed the Companion app and it's running (Although due to my Windows user name having spaces in it, I had to update the registry Run entry so it runs correctly on startup by adding " around the path).
When I click Edit With ApplicationName (Where ApplicationName could be Microsoft Word) I get the status pop up saying Editing with ApplicationName the image of the satellite dish and Opening file in ApplicationName but none of the applications open. I've tried it with PowerPoint, Word, Excel, PDF Reader, Visio and Notepad++.
Tested with Chrome, Firefox and IE11. I have an Apache reverse proxy if this could be a possible cause of the issue.
The log file for the app doesn't seem to provide much info either.
{"namespace":"adc:websocket","date":"2018-08-15T14:31:17.782Z","message":["new client connection"]},
{"namespace":"adc:websocket","date":"2018-08-15T14:31:17.868Z","message":["received message:","{\"type\":\"authentication\",\"payload\":{\"provider\":\"server\",\"payload\":{\"siteTitle\":\"Confluence Test Server\"}},\"requestID\":1}"]},
{"namespace":"adc:serverauth","date":"2018-08-15T14:31:17.871Z","message":["Found trusted domain in database:","con-testsrv"]},
{"namespace":"adc:websocket","date":"2018-08-15T14:31:17.955Z","message":["received message:","{\"type\":\"new-transaction\",\"payload\":{\"transactionType\":\"file\"},\"requestID\":2}"]},
{"namespace":"adc:websocket","date":"2018-08-15T14:31:17.968Z","message":["received message:","{\"transactionID\":\"c7225bc6-14e4-4469-aa81-e5427b4f2723\",\"type\":\"list-apps\",\"payload\":{\"extension\":\"txt\"},\"requestID\":3}"]},
{"namespace":"adc:websocket","date":"2018-08-15T14:31:17.969Z","message":["received transaction message for:","c7225bc6-14e4-4469-aa81-e5427b4f2723"]},
{"namespace":"adc:transaction:c7225bc6-14e4-4469-aa81-e5427b4f2723","date":"2018-08-15T14:31:17.969Z","message":["handling apps list request",{"extension":"txt"}]},
{"namespace":"adc:websocket","date":"2018-08-15T14:31:19.202Z","message":["received message:","{\"transactionID\":\"c7225bc6-14e4-4469-aa81-e5427b4f2723\",\"type\":\"launch-file-in-app\",\"payload\":{\"fileURL\":\"https://con-testsrv/download/attachments/84115459/JIRA Workflow Plugin Uses.txt?version=1&modificationDate=1534341166297&api=v2&download=true&jwt=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJqd3Quc3ViamVjdC5jb25mbHVlbmNlLXByZXZpZXdzLnRlbXBsaW5rc3Jlc291cmNlIiwicXNoIjoiNzg2YjFiZjY5MWJmYzkyYzFlMGM1ZTYwNjFjNmY0YTA3ODQzNjYyMTcxYzE4NWZhMWE3NWQxYTkxNGY2ZTBiZSIsImlzcyI6ImNvbS5hdGxhc3NpYW4uY29uZmx1ZW5jZS5wbHVnaW5zLnByZXZpZXdzIiwiZXhwIjoxNTM0MzQzNTM5LCJpYXQiOjE1MzQzNDM0NzksInVzZXJLZXkiOiIyYzkzOGFlNzRhM2ExN2M3MDE0YTNmMTdjNmUxMDAwMyJ9.ipuSWQm-iMT_bLFaDzeLXKrctQ-aR2ENOEsApVof60k\",\"applicationID\":\"32aaaeb002f68df42c78c02a5565fc0a\",\"fileName\":\"JIRA Workflow Plugin Uses.txt\",\"submitChangesURL\":\"\",\"autoUpload\":false},\"requestID\":4}"]},
{"namespace":"adc:websocket","date":"2018-08-15T14:31:19.202Z","message":["received transaction message for:","c7225bc6-14e4-4469-aa81-e5427b4f2723"]}
]
"namespace":"adc:transaction:c7225bc6-14e4-4469-aa81-e5427b4f2723","date":"2018-08-15T14:31:19.203Z","message":["handling file launch request",{"fileURL":"https://con-testsrv/download/attachments/84115459/JIRA Workflow Plugin Uses.txt?version=1&modificationDate=1534341166297&api=v2&download=true&jwt=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJqd3Quc3ViamVjdC5jb25mbHVlbmNlLXByZXZpZXdzLnRlbXBsaW5rc3Jlc291cmNlIiwicXNoIjoiNzg2YjFiZjY5MWJmYzkyYzFlMGM1ZTYwNjFjNmY0YTA3ODQzNjYyMTcxYzE4NWZhMWE3NWQxYTkxNGY2ZTBiZSIsImlzcyI6ImNvbS5hdGxhc3NpYW4uY29uZmx1ZW5jZS5wbHVnaW5zLnByZXZpZXdzIiwiZXhwIjoxNTM0MzQzNTM5LCJpYXQiOjE1MzQzNDM0NzksInVzZXJLZXkiOiIyYzkzOGFlNzRhM2ExN2M3MDE0YTNmMTdjNmUxMDAwMyJ9.ipuSWQm-iMT_bLFaDzeLXKrctQ-aR2ENOEsApVof60k","applicationID":"32aaaeb002f68df42c78c02a5565fc0a","fileName":"JIRA Workflow Plugin Uses.txt","submitChangesURL":"","autoUpload":false}]}
]Any ideas?