I want to add variables to my template so that the user will be prompted to enter values when creating a page from the template.
Hi Bob,
You can add variables following this procedure:
In summary,
When you add variables to your template, they will act as form fields. When you create a page based on a template, you'll see a text entry box for each field. Enter data into each field, and it'll be added to the page. You can add the same variable more than once in the same template, which is useful if you need the same information in more than one place on the page. To insert a variable into a template: Choose Template > New Variable from the editor toolbar (or choose an existing variable to add it to the page) Enter a name for the variable Press Enter (by default this will create a single-line text input field) Please read the entire article for the full set of instructions.
When you add variables to your template, they will act as form fields. When you create a page based on a template, you'll see a text entry box for each field. Enter data into each field, and it'll be added to the page.
You can add the same variable more than once in the same template, which is useful if you need the same information in more than one place on the page.
To insert a variable into a template:
Please read the entire article for the full set of instructions.
Let us know if you have any trouble!
Regards,
Shannon
Hmm I might be missing this but when I add a variable it just puts a ? mark on the screen. Is there any other way?
Andrew,
Can you tell me what version of Confluence you are using when this happens?
Thanks just fat fingered the keyboard. Got it figured out
Thank you for letting me know, Andrew!
Take care,
No problem and thanks I appreciat the help
Is there any way to define areas of dates... like a week from Monday to Friday defined by one selscted date or the creation date or is there a list of the possibilities?Is there a way to have a pagetree where the mother page shows the content of the newest or upcoming time area? Like a mother page that shows in a 4 tables the entries of that table of the 4 subpages?
I wonder how the standard templates manage, that there is the name of the author. Is there any way, that I can achieve this in my own template?
Have you tried solving this with a page property macro? You add a table on your page and have another page with the page properties Report macro showing all the attributes in a table.
How do I "reuse" an existig variable on the same template. Copy and paste and else?
I did it with ConfiForms and several ITTTF Fields that calculated the date of the next and the next next day to insert those values in the table header.
Template Placeholder should be working
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.