Hi everyone, I have a odd issue that is driving me and my team crazy, and I was wondering if any of you have seen this issue before.
So, a user will send a help-desk ticket to our help-desk email address (hosted using gmail), this email address automatically creates a Jira issue ticket, that can be then assigned to one of the IT help-desk team members. However, over the last few weeks, if I or anyone on my team click on the title, or ID number of the newly created Jira issue ticket in our email, it brings us to a old different Jira ticket within Jira.
For example, if I receive a new Jira issue email with the ID number of #1234, I can click on the title or ID number, that then brings be to Jira, and to a ticket with the ID of #1234. However, it will be an old ticket, from a few months ago, that also has the ID of #1234. The new ticket will not be associated with ID #1234, but only the old ticket can be found.
So its almost as if Jira is reusing old IDs, and not creating new ID numbers for new tickets.
If anyone has seen this before, please, any information would be helpful.
Thank you.