I want to change the transition of issue using 'Rest API' for my automation release tool. Is there any way i can get all the transitions of a project using RESTAPI
Hello,
I guess what you want, you want to get all transitions, wich are available for an issue in a project. If so, then you should use GET /rest/api/2/issue/{issueIdOrKey}/transitions
You can find more info here:
https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/REST/7.11.2/?_ga=2.212929556.1285141952.1534141867-1659643416.1506407535#api/2/issue-getTransitions
Thanks for you quick reply Alexey.
This is for a particular issue. But i want to know how many transitions for that project itself. Do you have any idea.
Tranisitions are entities of workflows. And you attach workflows to projects. Projects do not have any statuses. Issues have statuses. That is why you transition issues, not projects. If you want to know all transisitons for a project, then you have to choose all workflows for a project and then choose all transitions within these workflows. Are you sure you need this info?
@Alexey Matveev I have the same requirement to get all the transitions for one project. Can you help give me some guide on how to get that? what does workflow mean? thanks.
it does seem strange that we are able to set a transition id on issue creation, but there is no way to get the list of possible transition Ids beforehand
I have no idea if this is documented anywhere, but I came across it a while back in some search somewhere. Here's what I have found that will give you workflow info. Still haven't found a way to grab workflow diagram images in bulk, but maybe one day!
(Of course you'll substitute your base URL, project key, and workflow name where appropriate. You might also need to be a Jira admin to get the info, but I'm not sure.)
@WW Thanks, the best I have found so far. 👍
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.