Hi All,
I need to make "affects version" field mandatory only for bugs when they are created. Could you please guide me on this
Cheers,
Hansi
HI @Chethana Hashani
You can do this using field configuration but it will make the affects version field mandatory only on the create a screen.
If you want to do this for a specific transition or workflow transition screen then you need to use Jira Suite utility or Behaviour script runner add-on.
Hi Hansi,
Create field configuration scheme for the "Bug" issue type, and then make "Affect/s Version" field as required within that field configuration scheme.
~Tushar
Hi Tushar,
Initially I hadn't anything in my field configuration schema screen and it was like this
then as you said, I created my very first field configuration schema as "Bug Configuration Schema". But once I created it and saved it, I got a screen like below with a schema called "Default field configuration" instead of "Bug Configuration Schema". It doesn't show me the schema which was created by myself. I am bit confused now. can you please guide me on this as well (I am new to Jira )
Hi Yogesh,
What I exactly need to do is making affect versions field mandatory, only when creating a bug. So I guess field configuration could support me. Thanks a ton for your information
Click on "Associate an issue type with a.." and map the newly created bug field configuration with Bug issue type.
I clicked on "Associate an issue type with a.." and map mapped new bug field configuration with bug issue type. Please find the steps I followed,
step 1:
So then I got this screen,
After that as you said I made "affects version" mandatory in default field configuration as in the below figure:
But then, when it applies to all issue types (not only for bugs). When i try to create a task also, it asks for an affect version
For sure I know I have missed a step. please guide me on this
As mentioned by @Tushar, please make a copy of default field configuration and the respective field configuration scheme as well.
Rename both (default field configuration & field configuration scheme), associate the newly created field configuration to Bug issue type and respective field configuration scheme.
Apply the field configuration scheme to the respective project and then make the Affects Version field mandatory/required.
Oh my bad I haven't linked it to the relevant project. Now it is working. Thanks a ton and sorry for bothering that much
Recommended way is doing this via Field Configuration.
1. Create the Bug Field Configuration and make Affect Version/s "required"
2. Add it to your project's Field Configuration Scheme and make sure to have it associated with the Issue Type "Bug"
3. Just to check, your Field Configuration Scheme should have two Field Configurations. One for Bug and another for everything else.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.