Background:
I'm migrating Jira, to test my backup process. But after the migration the setup wizard shows up on the new server, on the old server everything still works fine. The same process has worked before and all data seems to be there.
In the Jira home folder is a dbconfig.xml, the database is populated, and the migration log doesn't show any errors.
My question:
It surprises me especially, that the setup wizard appears. I mean if the database wasn't reachable, or the data was corrupted, I would have expected an error message, or an error code like 500. Also I thought that the presence of a dbconfig.xml would prevent the setup wizard from starting. So what could be the reason? Or in general, what could be a reason for the setup wizard to start?
My Setup:
The Jira version 7.3, the DB-Server is Postgres 9.4. I'm using pg_dump to migrate the database, and I pack the whole Jira home and installation directory into a tar and extract it on the destination server. The whole stack is running in Centos based containers.