Is there a way in jira to manage the security on specifics custom fields in a way similar to the security levels we use to set the visibility of issues ?
Hello,
You would need a plugin like this:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212681/secure-fields-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview
Or If you want an out of the box solution, you can remove these fields from the Edit screen and create transitions to set these fields. On these tranisitions you can write conditions to restrict these transitions to correct users.
From my experience, I'd try the second option. I don't really like this app. It gave me lots of problems in some upgrades.
@Francesc_Arbó if you had any issues with upgrades, you could have just contacted us. We try to help as much as possible
It was a dramatic upgrade. This app was just one of the millions of problems I found. Anyway, from now on, I'll search you in the community
Thank you for these informations, It will help me.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.