Dear Community,
I am facing a weird problem: After a clean installaton of Confluence 6.10.1 x64 for Windows on a freshly installed Server 2016 x64 (latest updates), I can not complete the first installation wizard for Confluence.
The server is a domain member.
When I enter the trial License key and the wizard starts setting up the system then it ends with an Error 500 (details below).
I have reinstalled the server twice and Confluence 6 times with different users (local and domain admins). The error only occurs when I install with elevated access. But I need the elevation to set Confluence up as a windows service. Without elevation the setup wizards does not show the Install-as-service-option.
This is deeply frustrating. I install Confluence on d:\confluence and the data folder in d:\confluence_data. The whole drive has FullAccess permissions for:
SYSTEM
Administrator
Confluence (the local user that I use to instsall)
Domain Admins
FileserverAdmins
And read permission for
Domain Users
i have tried starting the Confluence Server as
Confluence user (local admin)
LOCAL SYSTEM (default)
Domain admin
I have read and tried some help files and community threads where people were facing similar problems and fixed it by deleting the Felix folder in the plugins but that did not help in my case either.
When I try and change the Service's user or I delete the felix folder then I am getting a new error (see below).
WHY IS THIS HAPPENING - and why does no one do proper Quality Testing before they deliver this installer?!?! Such an obvious and repeating error.
Can anyone help me fix this issue?
The error:
HTTP Status 500 – Internal Server Error
Type Exception Report
Message Cannot call sendError() after the response has been committed
Description The server encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from fulfilling the request.
If I folow the Knowledge Base Link I get a Page not found error.
Please can someone help?