I have root access and am preparing to set up reverse proxy behind Apache/CentOs for JIRA install. My PostgreSQL works fine after much hair pulling and SSL is all set up. I will have to configure virtual host entries using Include files and CPANEL/WHM .
I plan to use CPANEL to set up jira.myserver.com and atlassian.myserver.com to point to the directories myserver.com:8080/jira and myserver.com:8090/confluence
Do I really need to set up reverse proxy when working through CPANEL this way?
I noticed I have two different httpd.conf files. One is in /usr/local/apache/conf and contains info from an older myOldServername1 and ns1.old and ns2.old nameservers (used before I had dedicated hosting). There is another httpd.conf in /etc/apache2/conf which contains my current myNewServername2 and ns1.new and ns2.new. What the?
I ran a dns check against my website and no errors found). (also, can I use the same listen port for both http and https for JIRA? Currently there is a redirect for http to go to https).
I asked the ISP about having different httpd.conf files and they say if it's not broke don't fix it. I am concerned about how my virtual hosts will work and if anything is pointing to the old myServername1 returning 404s or something. What do you think? Is having two separate httpd.confs a problem?
Whew, that is a mouthful. Just so you know, I am really new to all this LINUX stuff. Thanks!!!