Attempting to export the backlog to excel.
I have read the article but am missing the export option when viewing. Is this hidden somewhere with the new view?
Sandra,
In the backlog next to the number of backlogged issues you should see a box with three lines next to it. If you hover over it then it will say view in issue navigator. Click this and then export will be available in the upper right hand sign. You will need to export to CSV in order to open it in excel.
Thank you Brant. I feel like I am def missing something as I cannot get to this not matter what I look at: https://goo.gl/uYWcS2
The three dots should be to the right of that picture, after you've cut it off.
As a more powerful alternative to the built-in Excel export feature, you can use Better Excel Plugin.
Besides other advantages (comparison), it also integrates to various UI screens in Jira, including the backlog:
I have to agree with Sandra here, I can´t find the option to export. See: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cDav66-Zy9P65TsLJW7JNz6k-_3PTaYG
Has anyone been able to export backlog or sprint user stories and their acceptance criterias?
Hi @Sherwyn Pillay ,
Have you been able to try the suggestion by Aron above?
Since Jira's built-in export for backlog and sprints are not really sufficient for professional use, there is a choice of apps you can give a try. Among those
Better Excel Exporter can export from the Jira backlog to Excel >>
Better PDF Exporter can export the backlog to PDF >>
Having used Microsoft Azure DevOps I can see that Jira has a lot of work to do! The export and general UX is miles behind which is a real shame.
Also Microsoft don't charge you for plugins!
On the left pane of your Jira instance, go to ISSUES and you can filter your content and export it. It gives you many options as to how to export from that EXPORT drop down menu when you click on it. I hope this helps
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.