Hi all, I'm trying to migrate our confluence server to a new linux VM, as well as a new postgresql DB. The original server is running linux with confluence 5.9.5 and postgresql.
I've gone over the documentation, and still seem to be running into errors. I followed the process at https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/migrating-confluence-between-servers-184150.html but was unable to get the server started afterwards.
My confluence is too large to do an XML backup (I've tried, and it fails halfway thru), so I am moving the DB using a psql_dump. I'll walk through my process so far, and if anyone can see where I'm going wrong, I would appreciate it.
- Spin up fresh Ubuntu linux VM.
- Install confluence 5.9.5(x64)
- Stop the confluence service.
- Remove all files in the confluence home directory on the new server.
- Copy the contents of the confluence home directory (/var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/) from the old server to the new server using rsync.
- Restore the Postgresql DB using psql (including creating accounts and setting permissions).
- Start the confluence service.
- Note: I do not move the server.xml file from the old server as it contains the address for our proxy. When I do, it causes my localhost connection to redirect to our production server instead of the localhost.
At this point I am able to "connect" to the server, but I'm always routed to localhost:8090/errors.jsp. No actual error page is shown. I have tried removing my plugin folders to rebuild the cache with no luck. Any advice would be helpful, and I'll happily give any more info I may have forgotten. Thanks!