Hi,
I have created users in JIRA which are then synced to Confluence so i dont have to create the same users there. I had done this 4 years ago and today i think i accidently deleted some settings. Now, when i try to login into confluence, it gives me the follwing error:
After I typed enter key,Screen asked me same input data such as user name, password and CAPTCHA all over again.I provided again, same thing is happening.
I think i may have deleted the JIRA User server, when i refer the following i dont know what the application name and password i am supposed to enter. Is "Confluence" the application name or is the admin username supposed to be entered? Please help.
To connect Confluence to a Jira application:
- In your Jira application go to
> User Management > Jira User Server.
(For Jira 6.4 and earlier go to your Jira administration screen then Users > Jira User Server) - Click Add Application.
- Enter the application name and password that Confluence will use when accessing Jira.
- Enter the IP address or addresses of your Confluence server. Valid values are:
- A full IP address, e.g.
192.168.10.12. - A wildcard IP range, using CIDR notation, e.g.
192.168.10.1/16. For more information, see the introduction to CIDR notation on Wikipedia and RFC 4632.
- Save the new application.