Hello,
Im using cloud version of Jira.
Jira Service Desk Application 3.3.0
Is there a simple way to change the default comment tab at Service Desk to Internal Comment instead of "Share with costumer"?
Please provide step by step guide
Hi @Zohar Bazak,
welcome to the community.
I am sorry, but as far as I know, there is no simple way to do this.
You can do that by adding this Java Script to a field description in your field configuration for a field, that is on your screens.
<script type="text/javascript"> var initialTabHighlightSwapped = false; function checkJSDCommentTabs () { var tabs = jQuery("#sd-comment-tabs"); if (tabs.size() > 0 && !initialTabHighlightSwapped) { switchJSDCommentTabHighlight(); initialTabHighlightSwapped = true; } else if (tabs.size() == 0) { initialTabHighlightSwapped = false; } } function switchJSDCommentTabHighlight () { jQuery(".js-sd-internal-comment").click(); } var intervalFunct = setInterval(checkJSDCommentTabs, 1000);</script>
Hello @Bastian Stehmann, thanks for the answer.
Can you provide step by step guide on how to add this Java Script on the cloud based version?
I am not sure, if this works on Cloud, tried it on server only.
Go to your field configuration, choose one field that is shown on the screen, Click edit and paste the JS into the description field.
That's it.
Hi @Bastian Stehmann
Is this code will work for Comment in JSD?
what i want is by default it should select as "Internal Comment" but not respond to customer.
@Bastian Stehmann
I am importing issues into JSD and the comments all need to be set to internal. Will this script work for that?
Hi ebehrmann@mathematica-mpr.com ,
Welcome to the community.
This script won't help you in this case, as this only sets the default tab to internal comment instead of share with customer. So it works only if you add comments manually, not when importing them.
From your instruction, "Go to your field configuration, choose one field that is shown on the screen, Click edit and paste the JS into the description field."
I'm having a bit of trouble finding what exactly you were talking about, do you think you can provide some images?
Thanks in advance!
-Steve
Hello, @Bastian Stehmann ,
Can this script be run for legacy comments?
Hi @Mamta Kalwani ,
I don't know what you mean with legacy comments.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.