Hi
Generally speaking I'm not sure to understand why versions number are not ascending and continuous (more or less).
Confluence Download Page
Thanks for you help
They descend in number because the later versions are more useful and more downloaded than earlier ones, so you want them at the top of the list.
There are gaps in the numbers where Atlassian pulls releases (incompatible libraries used, security flaws or license issue have been reasons in the past)
Thanks Nic, but not sure to understand the logic behind.
Why the must up-to-date version, the less buggy, the one with the more advanced features is not the one with with the highest version number ?
I get confused and don't know if I should stay with our 6.9.1 or go for the 6.6.7...
You've found the "enterprise" release. 6.6 is the version that will have long-term support, with important bugs and patches going back into it. It will not gain new features like the later versions will, but it will be supported for a long time, unlike the others.
Ok Nic, does that mean that 6.9.1, will not benefit from all the fixes and patches the 6.6 will benefit from ?
I'm still not sure if we should "upgrade" or not...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.