I made a Workflow and at some point i needed to make 3 transitions between the same two statuses.
Now i want to filter the issues by specific transition
Please Help
Hi Elie and welcome to the community
I hope I understood your final goal - you are trying to create a workflow in which when transitioning to the next status (from the status that you are currently in) - the transition will be according to previous transitions.
I believe the best way to receive what you are trying to do is simply use different statuses to maintain order as your workflow develops.
But if you insist on using the same statuses, you can try using conditions, triggers and post-functions for the next transitions you're creating, specifically this condition:
No, I created the workflow and linked 2 statuses with 3 different transitions (A, B & C)
I need a way to filter the issues that used for example transation A instead of B or C
What are the conditions of the issues? Can you screenshot your WF to demonstrate?
I don't have a problem with creating the workflow
I created it and it's working fine
But for reporting purposes, I need to filter the issues that transitioned from a specific status to another specific status using a specific transition. My question is: is there a way to filter the issues using JQL?
I know this is an older question and I wish I had the answer. Instead, I have a similar requirement where I need to query the Transition, not the resulting Status. Was there ever an answer to this question?
No, unfortunately I didn't get an answer
Do you have already any solution for the case or a workaround?
No, There seems no answer to this problem
Did you get an answer for this? I'm looking for this too.
As a workaroud, I guess you could add a custom field "TransitionsUsed" (don't add to any screens) and capture the transitions used. In each transitions you're interested in monitoring, append the transition name to the "TransitionsUsed" field.
More practically, I think it'll be better to look into server log digesting, using the transition IDs as the thing to report on.
Cheers,
Ben
Hi @ElieI know this is a very old topic now, and I don't know if you solved it or not.But something similar to what @Chris Koroliov said in his comment:Maybe you could add new hidden field (e.g. LastTransitionUsed) to your work items, and within workflow, for each transition add a post function that will add text to the hidden field LastTransitionUsed.This way, you will always have the name of the latest transition, which you could filter using JQL.
regards,
Benjamin
Hello Benjamin,
No Actually it was not solved. And your idea couldn't work as this transation might not be the last transition in the workflow.
My issue is filtering resolved transition that has taken a certain path (or transition) before eventually becoming resolved.
Anyway, that you for your suggestion
Elie
@Elie ,Could you explain more in detail what you want to achieve?Maybe a screenshot of your workflow - and if you could explain what do you want to include in JQL? 😊
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.