I have read two discussions on this issue but they are a few years old. So I thought I'd bring it up again to see if there were any new solutions found to the problem.
We do a lot of documentation; step-by-step instructions with images, tables, etc. We also frequently use two column layouts. I've figured out the Shift+Enter to insert a blank line for an image and then Enter to continue the numbered list. That is a big help. However, what I still need is an easy way for a beginner, tech writer type person who does not know macros and html, to start a list at number say 4. For example, in a two column layout:
1. step one 4. step four
2. step two image
image 5. step five
3. step 3
Has anyone come up with a straight-forward way to do this that does not involve having a software engineering degree?
Thank you!