Hello,
I am using sql server 2014 and CentOS7. This is being done in test. I first replicated my production settings and data. The whole setup works fine.
I am trying to upgrade to the new 7.11 version and when I upgrade directly it throws a sql error for which it needed a JDBC update on the xml file which was fixed. Thereafter when I try to open the jira page it throws a sql error.
I installed 7.11 alongside the existing version using different ports and folder locations etc. Now when I open the page to setup jira, in the sql database setup page I always get login failed for the user. When I check the connections from the server I don't see connections originating from this server to the sql server ('ss -plant' on centos box). The first instance is working fine. I tried shutting off the first instance and it still didn't connect and keeps giving this error:
Error connecting to database
Login failed for user 'JiraUser'. ClientConnectionId:df05a9c1-12ca-488e-a93e-4c2f0f33fba9
I checked the account on the sql server and it connects fine to the Jira databases.
Regards,
Shiham