Hi,
1.
I tried to migrate confluence between servers (On AWS, same OS, same version of confluence 6.8.0, with RDS) but it failed.
I might miss something so again I am going to follow the guide https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/migrating-confluence-between-servers-184150.html , but I got a question on Step 1 in this document.
If I understand correctly, first I need to "install" it but not "configure" it i.e. I should not start server at the end of installation process and stop right before opening the browser to start configuration. And then I need to copy the entire 'confluence home' in the old server to the new server.
But when I copied the confluence home to the new server and open the URL, the initial configuration page was showed up. (Then I had to reconfigure database and others... and failed to run)
I expeced, once it's installed (so 'confluence installation' directory is setup) and old confluence home is copied, it would be enough... but I might be wrong.
Could you help me to clarify the process?
2.
According to Step 4 in the above guide document, I need to copy the old confluence home including confluence.cfg.xml file.
It contains license info as well as 'server id'.
I believe that the new server shall have new server id - if it's true, just copying the home directory would be ok?
Best regards,
Ikhoon