Is it possible to run bitbucket-pipelines.yml on custom branch? E.g. for testing I dont want to push onto master, but would like to prepare configuration on new branch and then merge.
You can set the yaml file to provide different actions on each branch, I've pasted the example from the documentation below
image: node:4.6.0 pipelines: default: - step: name: Build and test script: - npm install - npm test tags: # add the 'tags' section release-*: # specify the tag - step: # define the build pipeline for the tag name: Build and release script: - npm install - npm test - npm run release branches: staging: - step: name: Clone script: - echo "Clone all the things!"
https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/configure-bitbucket-pipelines-yml-792298910.html
Hi, thanks for the answer. But still I guess you have to push this yaml to master branch and pipelines will use it for building other branches?
Current solution is pushing yaml to selected branch with default steps and executing it via right menu on page with all the branches.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.